Klay Thompson erupted for 43 points as the Golden State Warriors rolled to an easy 122-95 win over the New York Knicks.
Thompson has endured an uncharacteristically poor shooting season – his three-point accuracy dropped more than 10 per cent from last season – but regularly maintained it was only a matter of time before he found his true form.
He made good on that promise in style against the Knicks, scoring 43 points on 18-of-29 shooting despite only dribbling the ball four times in the entire game.
With backcourt partner Stephen Curry handing out 14 assists, Thompson’s catch-and-shoot long-range prowess proved the perfect complement as he drained seven three-pointers and bolstered his haul with trademark baseline cuts and fadeaway jumpers in the lane.
Tuesday night’s scores
- Denver Nuggets 103-99 Miami Heat
- New York Knicks 95-122 Golden State Warriors
- Minnesota Timberwolves 119-117 Oklahoma City Thunder
- Washington Wizards 115-132 Philadelphia 76ers
- Atlanta Hawks 101-104 Toronto Raptors
- Sacramento Kings 111-115 Phoenix Suns
- Indiana Pacers 123-115 Cleveland Cavaliers
- Charlotte Hornets 109-128 Los Angeles Clippers
Click the video at the top of the page to watch Klay’s 43-point performance.
Want to watch the NFL or NBA on the Sky Sports USA channel but don’t have Sky Sports? Get the Sky Sports Action and Arena pack, click here.